Have you dropped your phone in the sink or spilt coffee over your laptop? Whatever the case may be, there’s a good chance it isn’t just good for the bin and it can be repaired.
For the highest chance of repair follow these steps;
- 1. If your laptop is plugged into the power, turn it off at the mains and unplug it from the laptop.
- 2. Power down the device immediately by holding the power button until it turns off.
- 3. Remove the battery if possible.
- 4. Try to drain as much liquid out of the device as possible, and mop up what you can.
- 5. Put your laptop into an upside down “V” shape. We recommend that you put the laptop on a towel and put it in a warm, dry place like an airing cupboard.
- 6. Contact us and do not turn the laptop back on!
We will strip down and dry out your device, chemically clean it internally and then investigate any damage that the spill may have caused. Usually this does the trick but if the spill has caused a component failure we can usually fix that for you too although there may be an additional charge.